Hard 75 Prep
With Thanksgiving underway and starting the 75 Hard Challenge next week I have given a lot of thought to what I want out of this challenge. I really want to keep my word to myself even though at times, 75 days seems like a long time. Then I remember that 75 days is going to pass whether I do the challenge or not so why not?
I decided on doing Body Beast for the strength training because it will take me about 45 minutes to complete with the exception of leg day. OOO leg day. I also decided that I was going to blog my journey through the 75 days as well. I made a lot of commitments to this whole 75 days. I think it is going to be good.
So why do the 75 Hard challenge? Everyone has a reason right? Well.......
Like the rest of the world 2020 was a hard year of adjustment. I won't go into details, I'm sure it will come up when I go through this challenge. I started out 2020 on a great foot. Physically, I was in the best shape of my life, my husband and I were moving to Cape Cod, MA. Things were just good. Then of course, the 2020 shit storm came upon us.
My aunt died. My Dad's cancer came back. COVID. We caught COVID in the summer. I gained 15 pounds. I worked for the worst boss I have ever had the displeasure of working with in my entire career. We moved again. Right now, things are peaceful, but I have given up on myself and the things that I want with the exception of a recent promotion that I found out I am getting at work.
2020 and 2021 has been a season of hard times, but also a season in some ways of giving up on myself. I am recovering and am ready to get back to a semblance of the person I was before this very rough time in my life.
I have started projects and not finished them.
I have started my healthy lifestyle back up only to eat whatever I wanted.
I have started.......I mean like everything! Books, writing, exercise, diet, work stuff only to not follow through. I have been failing myself and while none of these things are life or death, they matter to me.
I have been living in a limbo like state and I want to change it. I want my clothes to fit again, I don't want to live in yoga pants JUST because my pants don't fit. I also want to follow through on something personal and just have a mindset of winning again. There is something about having that feeling and being confident that I miss so much.
I am doing this for me, because I want to level up my game and just be on. This one while I know I will have the side effect of weight loss it is more for that mental toughness and discipline. I have been running again, I am gearing up to train for a marathon in April and I can feel glimmers of me coming back. I need consistency and I need to be tough on myself and this is how I am going to do it. Publicly declaring it helps too, even if no one is reading this right now ha ha.
Comments
Post a Comment