Jeanie Takes On The 75 Hard Challenge

I have finally decided to tackle 75 Hard. It has been something that has crossed my mind for about two years now. A lot has happened to me in the past two years and I am feeling the need to level up my game. I know this feeling of wanting to level up and it has happened to me in three other significant times in my life and all three of those times I have leveled up in my mindset, physical health, and success at work. I didn't do the 75 Hard then, but what I did was very similar to it so I am familiar with the framework. 

I am starting on December 1st. I could start tomorrow, but I want to mentally prepare, have a good meal plan and take my time getting organized and let's face it I really don't want to be on a diet on Thanksgiving. True story. I also like the idea of starting in the beginning of the month. Honestly, I am kind of second guessing my thoughts to do this in the winter. I live in Maryland and I know that it is going to be cold as heck because it already is. 

This place is going to be my personal place where I come and write about my experience every day. I will write down my thoughts for the day, post pictures of the food I ate, my workouts, my progress photo, and what I am reading. If you plan on doing the 75 Hard challenge or it intrigues you, by all means gain some wisdom from me. For now, I will be writing about the reasons that I want to do this challenge because there are a few and I have about two weeks until I start. 

The Rules

- Drink one gallon of water a day
- Read 10 pages of non-fiction
- Workout two times a day for 45 minutes one workout must be outside
- Follow a meal plan of your choice
- No cheat meals
- No alcohol
- One progress picture every day


My Meal Plan

I plan on focusing on the Paleo meal plan. I feel that it offers the most flexibility in eating and it isn't so strict. It is a diet that I want to get back to because it really worked for me when it came to being balanced in my diet without feeling deprived or only eating salads daily. 

My Workouts

I will be starting marathon training in January for the Big Sur Marathon in April 2022 so I am going to start doing my training in December and do the first four weeks twice to get a good base of running. When I am not running I will be walking and that will be my outdoor workout for the 75 days. For the indoor workout I am torn between doing Body Beast or P90X. I haven't decided yet, but I need something that is long and that will give me a solid 45 minute workout. On days that are rest days from weight lifting my plan is to do yoga to stretch and recover. 

Non-Fiction Books

I am starting my own small business so I bought three personal development books to help me get in the right mindset for that. The books are: The Desired Brand Effect by Tracy Matthews, Winging It:Stop Thinking Start Doing: Why Action Beats Planning Every Time by Emma Isaacs, Uncover Your Difference by Meera Kothland. I am also going to re-read Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins. It is my most favorite personal development book. I am going to save it until the end of the challenge when I need the most motivation to get it done. 

So there it is December 1st 2021 I will do big things. A lot of people have opinions about the 75 Hard you either love it or hate it. 

The biggest criticisms and my response: 

It's not healthy you have to do two workouts a day. To that I say well, you have the free choice to do whatever workout you want. So why not do 1 yoga workout and 1 45 minute walk for an active recovery day once a week. It is still a workout. It's just not intense. Why not walk twice a day? You can make it how you want it. There is no where that says that you have to lift 50 pound weights and sprint 5 miles a day. Two workouts, your choice get out my face with the too extreme thing. 

You can't have a cheat meal you are going to have eating issues. To that I say, if you are even going there in mindset this program is not for you. It is about being healthy. Basically eat a whole food diet ditch the sugar cakes and candies for 75 days. The diet is yours to choose pick a whole food diet and stick to it. If you think you will miss out on something maybe the eating disorder is the fact that you have to eat cake and candy to make it through the day. Just sayin. There is nothing dysmorphic in my mind about eating protein, carbs, and healthy fats. There is no restriction unless you put one on yourself. The rules say CHOOSE a diet and stick to it. 

I don't have time: We all have 24 hours in a day if you cannot fit 2 hours to workout and read a book this program is not for you. You have a CHOICE to do it or not. If something is important to you, you will make time for it. If you choose family over this that is AMAZING for you. If you choose school, work, family, and game nights. AWESOME for you. But don't knock me because you and I don't prioritize the same thing. If you want it, you will make time for it. 

Here's the deal. If you are picking apart the program you are missing the point. The point is to build mental toughness and to make something to better yourself and make yourself a priority. To have a goal and follow through with it. To make a timeline for yourself and to make a commitment to change. You may choose going to school, writing a book, just changing your die, reading more, or just exercising. That is good for you. Do you. Let me do me. :) 


Comments

Popular Posts